Company Secretary Preparation
Preparations for board meetings begin long before the meetings are convened. In preparation, a number of processes need to initiated to ensure the gathering of board members at a specific time, with a clear purpose.
Preparations for meetings of the board by the company secretary should include the following:
- Setting the agenda
- Preparing the board pack
- Agreement on a meeting date
- Distribution of the agenda
- Sending calendar invites for the event to all board members
All the above activities are simplified and automated by BoardCloud; to find more information:
Board Members Preparation
Members are required to prepare ahead of the board meetings, this is especially relevant for non-executive members who are not involved in the day to day running of operations.
Members attending board meetings need to be armed with a knowledge of the meeting agenda. Before joining, they should have spent time preparing for the meeting by reading any supporting documents and making notes where necessary.
Board Packs and Governance
Early distribution of board packets to members of the board promotes better board meeting governance by:
- Allowing board members time to review the proposed agenda and to read any supplementary documents related to agenda items
- Providing board members as secure environment to read and annotate meeting packs
- Providing a fall-back PDF for offline browsing of the agenda in cases where members lack internet access or have device difficulties
- Tracking board member interactions with the board packs allows for a statistical view of individual member preparation, thus improving visibility of unprepared members and overall compliance
BoardCloud empowers board members with frictionless and secure access to sensitive company documents. All released and historical board packs and minutes are available to board members from their BoardCloud app.