What is a Board Portal?
In this section
Board Portal Technology
A board portal is designed to provide for:
- the building and distribution of board packs and committee meeting documents
- meeting scheduling, member invitations and rsvp's
- a management system for committees, committee members and their associated access privilege
- a system for committee members to review the packs they receive
- collation and distribution of meeting minutes and tasks related to meeting decisions
- a governance structure that helps to implement, control and report on compliance
- a secure platform for sensitive board document storage and communications between board members
Distribution of Information
The modern board portal builds on the most commonly used process of distributing board packets via emailed PDF attachments.
This outdated method delivers the document and nothing further. The board using the email method loses out on multiple levels, which include:
- visibility of document receipt and review
- secure access to the sensitive information contained in the packs
- access to the board pack from multiple devices
- collaboration and information exchange
Last Minute Document Changes
This is a crucial aspect of a board portal's functionality.
Its can be guaranteed that at some stage even the most efficient board secretary will distribute a board pack that requires amendment after its been sent.
Board portal tools allow a pack to be re-sent and to inform committee members of the fact.