Board Portal Technology
A board portal is a cloud based system that has collaboration tools that allow board of directors and other committees to work together in a meeting based environment, using materials and board packs containing a variety of documents assembled by company secretaries.
This collaborative platform is designed to provide consistent communication between board members throughout the yearly meeting cycle.
In addition, a board portal is designed to provide for:
- building of board meeting agendas by one or more company secretaries
- scheduling of board meetings, member invitations, RSVPs
- attendance registers
- distribution of board packs and meeting documents, when required
- tabling of motions (votes) and their outcomes
- a management system for committees, committee members and their associated access privileges
- a system for committee members to review meeting agendas and prepare for meetings
- meeting preparation statistics
- collation and distribution of meeting minutes and tasks related to in-meeting decisions
- a governance structure that helps to implement, control and report on compliance and access to board documents
- a secure platform for sensitive board document storage and communications between board members